At Alan Mitchell Financial Recruitment, we take Privacy extremely seriously…
Alan Mitchell Financial Recruitment Limited (“AMR”) is an Executive Search firm. As such we collect a variety of personal data necessary to provide these services in a highly confidential and secure database, accessible only by AMR.
What does this Policy cover?
AMR takes the processing and security of your personal data seriously. This policy therefore:
- Sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you;
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- Explains how long we keep your personal data for;
- Explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
- Sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
- Explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
- Explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- Explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect the information necessary and needed to assess your eligibility through the different stages of an assessment and recruitment process. This information typically includes:
- Contact details, such as name, email address, postal address and telephone numbers, CV’s, identification documents, educational records, work history, employment history and references.
- We may also collect sensitive personal data about you, if you have explicitly shared it with us. We only collect sensitive personal data from you, and further process this data, where you have given your explicit consent.
If you do not wish to disclose your personal information, we will be unable to provide you with the services we offer since employment, educational and other personal information is necessary to assess you for employment opportunities.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We typically obtain your data from the following different sources (although this is not an exhaustive list)
- Directly from you (such as a CV, application, registration or interview)
- A Client or another Candidate
- Social Media – such as LinkedIn
- Public domain – such as trade/business press, company websites
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf
- Notes following a conversation, meeting, call or video conference
- Our website
- By Reference or word of mouth – you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
Where you are a candidate and we have obtained your personal data from a third party, it is our policy to advise you of the source when we first communicate with you or within 30 days.
How and why we use your personal data?
The processing of your personal data may include:
- Collecting and storing your personal data in physical and electronic format
- Notifying you of potential roles or opportunities
- Assessing you and reviewing your suitability for job roles or promotion
- Engaging you for a role with us or with our clients, which includes any related administration e.g: timesheets and payroll
- Collating market or sector specific information and providing the same to our clients
- Sending information to third parties with whom we have entered into contractual arrangement which are related to our recruitment or assessment services
- Providing information to regulatory authorities or statutory bodies and our legal or other professional advisors including insurers
- To market our recruitment services and send you information on research, promotions, events and relevant information or market trends
- To retain a record of our dealings
- Establish quality, training and compliance and best practice
We will initially collect basic information on you such as contact details, job role and experience under a legitimate business interest policy and will only then process and share more detailed information to third parties (our clients) with your consent.
Please be assured that we do not sell your information to third parties or use the information for purposes that are incompatible with any of those described in this notice.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with the recruitment services or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
Typically, we will keep personal data for 5 years where we have no legitimate business requirement for contact for candidates, managers and clients.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data is shared with the client who has a position to fill, in order to determine with the client whether you are a good fit for the available position. We may also conduct checks on you to verify the information you have provided and where we do this we share your information with vetted third parties, that we can disclose if used.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
We will normally collect personal information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (for example, in connection with the Services, we typically rely on our legitimate interests to process personal information for our Search Assignments and Advisory activities and, where permitted by law, certain marketing activities).
When required by law, we will collect personal information only where we have your consent to do so (for example, if we need to collect and process any sensitive personal information about you or seek permission to share your data with a client). In some limited cases, it may be necessary for us to process personal information and, where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, sensitive personal information, in connection with exercising or defending legal claims (for example, where we need to take legal advice in relation to legal processing or are required by law to preserve or disclose certain information as part of the legal process).
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal data necessary, or withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data, this will limit our ability to consider you in connection with the services we offer.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
No, we do not carry out automated profiling.