Front Office Investment banking is a very competitive career sector to get into and M&A and Corporate Broking are two of the most sought-after areas for graduates and early career professionals looking to enter.
They offer an excellent career path with promises of:
- High salaries
- Consistent bonuses
- Interesting, market focussed work
- Client contact
So, for many reasons this high-pressure high reward sector is very selective on the entry requirements to building your career.
Essentials you need to have to develop your career in Corporate Finance are:
- Strong academics – strong A Levels
- 2:1 or above degree from a Russell Group University
- Internship experience – preferably within Corporate Finance or another banking arena
- Strong IT skills – Excel etc. – preferably some financial analysis or modelling experience
- Excellent, confident and professional interpersonal skills
- Drive and dedication to a career in this sector
You can have all the academic achievements in the world, but nothing can take the place of determination, hard work and professionalism. Demonstrating professional communication skills, the ability to work well in a team and in a high-pressure environment is also key and is a very important aspect to focus on at interview stage.
Do your research and display your drive!
If you are keen to find out more about our current opportunities the please do get in touch with Philip Seager – Philip@alan-mitchell.co.uk – or follow this link to see our current jobs. We also offer a careers guidance service so if you would like some tailored careers advice and coaching to support you please follow this link to find out more.
For more tips to help you in the current recovering recruitment market, please follow Alan Mitchell on LinkedIn.