What do you want to be when you grow up?! Still Thinking?
A huge number of us reach a career point where we feel a change is needed. As the years go by we learn more and more about what makes us happiest in our working life and the kind of roles and challenges that suit us best. Whether that means entering a whole new field, or aiming for a promotion in your company, there are options which can help your lifetime of employment work for you.
If you are looking to develop your current career or make a change of sector there are proven techniques you can use to get noticed and build your skills. Do not be afraid to make the jump:
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
Simply being good at what you do doesn’t necessarily get you the promotion you want or deserve. If you feel stuck or are itching for that bigger role I can help you. Thankfully today people are not confined to one career path or occupation. We want and expect to be able to make changes that improve our lives and wellbeing. Getting started and making that change can be daunting. I can help you to:
- Reflection on and reviewing lessons learnt during your search
- Identify your transferable skills and focus on YOUR needs
- Build your understanding of you and what you are looking for
- Research potential career sectors
- Scope and prioritise opportunities
- Identify and analyse current internal and external opportunities available to you.
- Identify and prioritise your needs and your goals (micro & macro).
- Review and refine your CV – targeting/tailoring for each opportunity
- Build interview techniques – honing your skills. Truly understanding what you offer and how to sell yourself. Deciding which opportunities to reach for.
- Dream big